Accounts Payable/Receivable & Payroll Accounting Clerk
Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) is the largest children’s literacy nonprofit in the United States. We prepare and motivate children to read by delivering free books and literacy resources to those children and families who need them most. We inspire children to be lifelong readers through the power of choice. RIF provides new, free books for children to choose from and make their own. The seeds of inspiration in these books have motivated children to follow their dreams and achieve their potential. Yes, it seems incredible for a book to launch a life, but it happens every day as hungry, inquisitive young minds reach out and grab hold of the new people, places, and ideas that books bring them.
Nearly two-thirds of low-income families in the U.S. own no books.
Planting seeds of inspiration in our nation’s most vulnerable children is what RIF and a network of more than 400,000 volunteers do. Whether in schools, homeless shelters, or community centers—wherever you find children—RIF volunteers spend countless hours distributing books, staging reading motivation activities, and promoting the importance of literacy in their communities.
RIF is seeking a regular, full-time experienced Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Payroll Clerk in its downtown Washington, D.C. office.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Performing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll functions for a non-profit organization under general supervision.
- Processing all receivables, payables and payroll in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with all local, state and federal guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Minimum three years accounting experience in a non-profit environment, extensive experience developing and using spreadsheets, general ledger and Solomon software experience required.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills required.
- BS degree in accounting and Ceridian experience desired.
RIF offers a competitive benefits package to include: medical, dental and vision benefits, flexible spending, life insurance, LTD, paid time off, and a 403(b) plan.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to at this link only: http://bit.ly/RIF-accountingclerk
For further information on RIF, please visit www.rif.org
RIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.