OTHER WAYS TO GIVE:
Workplace and Federated Giving
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
Help millions of kids discover the joy of reading by designating Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) in your workplace giving or combined federal campaign.
Your Employer’s Workplace Giving Plan
You can support RIF through contributions deducted directly from your paycheck. Ask your human resource department or visit America's Charities to learn if your employer participates in a workplace giving campaign. RIF’s official Children First America's Charities number is 10948.
In the Greater Washington, D.C. region, RIF participates in the United Way of the National Capital Area (UWNCA) campaign. Our agency code is #8960.
Many employers will match tax-deductible charitable contributions made by their employees, retirees and employees’ spouses. With a matching gift, your donation to RIF may be doubled or tripled in value. Check with your company for more information about their matching gift program.
Starting Your Own Workplace Giving Program
RIF will work with your corporation to start an employee giving campaign. Through an employee giving campaign, you will give your employees the opportunity to provide books to children in underserved communities. We will work with you to develop a campaign to include the following features:
• Integration with your company’s employee involvement program
• Branding to fit your company’s unique culture, focusing on your employees’ charitable and volunteer interests
• Opportunities for employee involvement and team building
• Extending existing cause-marketing, customer-based programs to your employees
• Linking employee gifts directly to RIF programs based on geographic presence
• Promoting loyalty and goodwill between your company and your employees
Reading Is Fundamental is a member of America's Charities. For more than 25 years, America's Charities has brought many of the best-known and most-loved charities to the workplace giving campaigns run by many employers.
To learn more about RIF's participation in workplace giving campaigns, please contact our Development Department toll-free at 1-888-725-4801 or email us.