Gala Honorees 2013
Since 1998, the Anne Richardson RIF Volunteer of the Year Award has been presented annually to RIF volunteers whose dedication to improving children’s literacy through service to their local RIF programs is truly outstanding and inspiring. By offering this national recognition, RIF seeks to engage children’s literacy volunteers and advocates in celebrating the spirit and practice of volunteerism and honoring the accomplishments of those who encourage and nurture young readers. This prestigious award is named for RIF’s chair emerita, the late Anne Hazard Richardson.
This year’s three national winners were chosen by a panel of independent RIF supporters. Learn more about this year’s winners -- Kay Gooch of Austin, Texas; Sara Massey of New Orleans, La.; and Linda Placzek of Omaha, Neb.
The winners will receive:
• An all-expense paid trip for the winner to Washington, D.C., to be recognized at RIF’s 2013 WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE Gala (May 9, 2013);
• A personalized award plaque;
• A Macy’s Multicultural Book Collection and special award of books to a RIF program designated by the awardee;
• Opportunities to meet the RIF Board Chair & other Board Members;
• A special visit to Capitol Hill to talk with their Congressional Representatives.