Share the Message: Read!
Books and Activity Suggestions about Communication for Children in Kindergarten-Grade 6
Reading Is Fundamental and the Pitney-Bowes Foundation welcome you and your children to the engaging stories and literacy activities in this Communication Resource Guide. The guide presents a book-based approach to reading designed to involve children in the experience. This guide includes hands-on, cross-curricular activities for books centered on a communication theme.
Each section of this guide is divided by a range of subjects and includes:
- Featured activities that relate to the nutrition, communication theme
- Thematic booklists
- Story boosters-reading motivational activities
Featured stories include:
- Freedom of Speech by Christin Ditchfield
- Read a Rhyme, Write a Rhyme by Jack Prelutsky
- Inventing the Computer by Marsha Groves
- Yonder Mountain: A Cherokee Legend as told by Robert H. Bushyhead written by Kay Thorpe Bannon
Download this Sampler now!