Join an amazing team. Do amazing work.
Reading Is Fundamental is committed to a literate America by inspiring a passion for reading among all children, providing quality content to make an impact and engaging communities in the solution to give every child the fundamentals for success. As the nation's largest children's literacy non-profit, Reading Is Fundamental maximizes every contribution to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.
As the Program Manager, you will lead the seamless execution of all assigned projects, ensuring all aspects of a successful program effort, from start to finish are not only met, but that the children served by RIF programs are impacted by the transformative power of literacy. The Program Manager always remains committed to optimizing outcomes for the children supported by each initiative. Throughout our 55-year history, RIF has been a champion of racial justice and equity through literacy. Your contributions will help reduce the gap in reading performance among underrepresented student populations. You’ll work alongside an innovative team of professionals passionate about reaching learners to support a culture of literacy and deliver collective impact nationwide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project planning and implementation efforts for RIF’s Books for Ownership, Read for Success, Skybrary, and Book Fund programs. Creates long- and short-term project plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to project deadlines.
- Aligns project requirements and needs to the final project budget.
- Monitors progress on related deliverables and timetables for projects to ensure compliance with partner agreements.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders, delegating roles and responsibilities while ensuring alignment with project scope and timeline, continuity of messaging, and timely completion of required program deliverables.
- Makes effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project, always keeping in alignment with project goals.
- Effectively prioritizes the execution of project tasks to manage competing deadlines and avoid internal bottlenecks due to overlapping projects.
- Works with RIF’s Finance Team to ensure project expenditures remain within budget and informing key stakeholders of any potential shifts that could impact scope or budget.
- Leads internal briefings on the status of the project to keep all stakeholders informed.
- Participates in meetings with external project partners and funders.
- Ensures RIF’s community of program implementers receive the support needed to effectively carry out the program at the local level by working with key members of the Programs Team to carry out account management.
- Builds relationships with RIF program implementers and other community contacts nationwide to support a pipeline for future programmatic based work.
- Supervises 1-2 direct reports.
- Travels to support the execution of projects, as needed.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5+ years’ experience;
- Skilled in project budgeting and project management;
- Skilled in account management;
- Skilled in managing complex processes;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated experience in managing 1 or more direct reports;
- Strong experience managing cross-departmental stakeholders and external client relationships;
- Knowledge in K-12 education market;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Project management certification preferred.
- Salesforce training preferred.
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise team members and create cohesion;
- Will involve travel related to the execution of projects and face-to-face meetings with external stakeholders (Up to 40%);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders, external clients, vendors, and consultants;
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Asana, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills;
- A creative team member with an ability to identify efficiencies, innovations, and work collaboratively;
- Organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Ability to work productively under pressure to meet deadlines;
SALARY WORK ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- At RIF, you'll enjoy a hybrid work schedule with at least three days in our Washington, D.C. office and telework available on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- RIF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental & vision plans, generous annual leave, including company paid family leave, professional development opportunities, a 403(b) plan with company contribution, and company-paid life and disability.
To Apply We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not 100% match with the position description; we will consider people from a variety of backgrounds and career experiences.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration at this link.
Reading Is Fundamental is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion with all hiring and employment practices. Our goal is to create an inclusive environment in which all candidates and employees are treated with respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.