JOIN AN AMAZING TEAM. DO AMAZING WORK. Reading Is Fundamental is committed to a literate America by inspiring a passion for reading among all children, providing quality content to make an impact and engaging communities in the solution to give every child the fundamentals for success. As the nation's largest children's literacy non-profit, Reading Is Fundamental maximizes every contribution to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.
Career Opportunity Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) is seeking a Web Content Associate with a passion for children's literacy to join our digital products team.The Web Content Associate will work with children's literacy experts and advocates at Reading Is Fundamental to ensure reliable, dynamic content is continually supported throughout RIF's digital portfolio to support RIF's mission.
As part of the digital products team, the Web Content Associate will support the digital team with planning, managing, uploading, and publishing content to RIF's digital products portfolio and assists in promoting RIF's mission, brand, and digital product initiatives through a wide range of digital strategies.
The Web Content Associate works closely with stakeholders throughout the organization to leverage RIF's digital footprint and maximize our impact. The successful candidate will have experience working collaboratively with cross-departmental teams that support a culture of literacy and deliver collective impact. If you have these skills or want to grow in this area, this is a great opportunity to do so with an amazing team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Format and lay out web content in an user friendly manner.
- Become an expert in the content and functionality of RIF's portfolio of digital properties.
- Own all aspects of content collection and implementation with stakeholders across RIF's sites and applications including management of scheduling and timelines.
- Monitor and review content based upon RIF's website style and design guidelines.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and launch web content associated with marketing initiatives.
- Assist in QA and review of content and functionality for sites and applications.
- Help develop and maintain processes and written documentation.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1-2 years' experience managing web content
- Writing and editing skills with an excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Working knowledge of the Drupal CMS
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in fast paced environments with multiple priority projects
- Experience with content management
- Experience in K-12 education or consumer-based children's products desirable
- Experience using ticketing system to track and resolve issues
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Passionate about exceptional web experiences and content management, bringing new ideas to the table.
- A self-starter; able to act autonomously and anticipate/highlight project needs.
- Organized and able to create written documentation.
- Able to manage multiple projects through cross-functional teams.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- RIF supports our employees' work-life balance. You'll enjoy a hybrid work schedule with at least three days in our Washington, D.C. or Glendale, California offices and telework available on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- RIF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental & vision plans, generous annual leave, including company paid family leave, professional development opportunities, a 403(b) plan with company contribution, and company-paid life and disability.
- To protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate, we follow CDC, federal and local guidance to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. RIF requires employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination is required and will be kept confidential.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration at this link.
For further information on RIF, please visit: www.rif.org
Reading Is Fundamental is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion with all hiring and employment practices. Our goal is to create an inclusive environment in which all candidates and employees are treated with respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.