Reading Is Fundamental is committed to a literate America by inspiring a passion for reading among all children, providing quality content to make an impact and engaging communities in the solution to give every child the fundamentals for success. As the nation's largest children's literacy non-profit, Reading Is Fundamental maximizes every contribution to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Are you entering the workforce and want to make a difference in your community? Do you care about reading, kids, and their access to education? Are you looking for a national opportunity with an established organization that is growing faster than it can keep up with? Join our team and help fight the children's literacy crisis impacting communities across the country! Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships, the Development Coordinator will support the entire development team at RIF, working across all donor channels, to learn and support the internal and external operations of a highly effective fundraising team.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Data Tracking and Management Using Salesforce & Raiser's Edge
- Independently enter donor data provided via email and regular meetings into a Salesforce and Raiser's Edge databases;
- Create and manage data flow, from collection to analytical output, including regular reports by request with support/oversight by development team and/or supervisor./li>
- Identify incomplete, inaccurate, or inconsistent data and raise it to the appropriate person to resolve.
- Process donations, invoices, gift acknowledgments, regular record reconciliation with finance department.
Communications & Administrative Support
- Consistently demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills, in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Communicate directly with internal & external stakeholders regarding tasks or projects directly related to data management and project coordination responsibilities including meeting rescheduling, confirming receipt of materials, etc.
- Actively listen and work with team members to present problems, goals, and ideas in a way that is accessible.
- Support development and implementation of a funder newsletter, including content development and project management.
- Prepare and execute physical donor premium mailings.
Proactive Fundraising Support
- Conduct and gather research on corporate and foundation prospects to share with team during regular pipeline discussions;
- Prepare prospect briefs for intro calls/meetings;
- Prepare and mail individual donor acknowledgements;
- Responsible for management of all inbound individual donor enquiries;
Event Logistics & Support
- Coordinate event materials including:
- Preparing attendee list and tracking registration
- Working with vendors
- Obtaining required permits
- Attending assigned events to help with set-up and tear down.
- Coordinate and collaborate with vendors and staff to implement logistics for assigned campaigns and day of event activities at the fundraising events. You will handle event logistics, infrastructure, lighting, sound, food, volunteers, etc.
- Report preparation and tracking support requires proficient Excel and Data Management skills.
- Prepare and communicate schedules, meetings and ensure timelines are met.
- Perform administrative duties as required or requested.
- Interest in fundraising, nonprofit partnerships, and/or youth & education.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Self-motivated (a "self-starter"), innovative, and having the ability to work with considerable independence within the context of a team environment and a network of relationships.
- Superior written and oral communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Deep attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel; open to training on Salesforce and Raisers' Edge (RE).
- RIF supports our employees' work-life balance. You'll enjoy a hybrid work schedule with at least three days in our Washington, D.C. office and telework available on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- RIF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental & vision plans, generous annual leave, including company paid family leave, professional development opportunities, a 403(b) plan with company contribution, and company-paid life and disability.
- To protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate, we follow CDC, federal and local guidance to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. RIF requires employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination is required and will be kept confidential.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration at this link.
Reading Is Fundamental is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion with all hiring and employment practices. Our goal is to create an inclusive environment in which all candidates and employees are treated with respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.