Join an amazing team. Do amazing work.
Reading Is Fundamental is committed to a literate America by inspiring a passion for reading among all children, providing quality content to make an impact and engaging communities in the solution to give every child the fundamentals for success. As the nation's largest children's literacy non-profit, Reading Is Fundamental maximizes every contribution to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.
The Marketing Specialist reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Partnerships with oversight from the Senior Vice President for Marketing & Partnerships. The role of the Marketing Specialist is to understand, inform and execute marketing initiatives to drive and achieve organizational, partner, team, and project objectives, boosting awareness and engagement through RIF's collaborations. The Specialist is responsible for executing the tactics to align with core partnership and content goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Executing the organization's email strategy aligned to its editorial content calendar. This includes drafting copy, light creative development, layout in email marketing platform, segmenting audiences and coordinating the email cadence. Involves managing multiple types of emails including RIF's monthly newsletter, educator targeted emails, campaign specific emails, and more.
- Coordinating and implementing integrated project plans for the marketing team in support of organization and funder goals. Serving as the marketing team's project coordinator of key promotional deliverables and assets to be produced in support of strategic partnerships and initiatives.
- Facilitating print and premium projects, developing timelines and monitoring progress, including coordinating deadlines, specs, assets, budgets, vendor coordination, status updates, approvals, and final delivery.
- Vendor coordination, including interfacing with various marketing vendors regarding deliverables, timelines and invoices.
- Supporting junior level graphic design of creative to accompany RIF's email marketing activities to drive engagement and awareness through RIF's strategic initiatives and partnerships.
- Coordinating the organization's blog strategy to drive partnership and content goals, including crafting copy and creative.
- Track the team's marketing metrics across various communications platforms and report out on a regular basis including analysis of key learnings from metrics.
- Support team on opportunistic press initiatives including drafting releases, submitting press releases on the newswire, and tracking press results.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- 2 years' experience with a bachelor's degree in marketing, digital marketing, communications, preferred.
- Excellent writing skills
- A highly organized and creative person with exceptional attention to detail
- A self-starter with ability to work independently, juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of or interest in learning print production and management
- Knowledge of or interest in learning project management
- Knowledge in simple HTML to support email production
- Basic Graphic Design Skills - whether in Adobe Creative Suite or Canva
RIF supports our employees' work-life balance. You'll enjoy a hybrid work schedule with at least three days in our Washington, D.C. office and telework available on Wednesdays and Fridays.
RIF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plans, generous annual leave, a 403(b) plan with company contribution and company paid life and disability. RIF supports our employees' work life balance and offers a hybrid work model along with flexible work schedules.
To protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate, we follow CDC, federal and local guidance to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. RIF requires all employees be vaccinated, and all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination is required and will be kept confidential.
To Apply: Please visit this link to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
RIF is an equal opportunity employer.