Join an amazing team. Do amazing work.
Reading Is Fundamental is committed to a literate America by inspiring a passion for reading among all children, providing quality content to make an impact and engaging communities in the solution to give every child the fundamentals for success. As the nation's largest children's literacy non-profit, Reading Is Fundamental maximizes every contribution to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.
Reading Is Fundamental is looking for a Program Associate position to join their team to support capacity building efforts for RIF's network and the implementation of RIF programs, positively benefiting children served. This role will carry out project management support, ensuring RIF programs are implemented effectively, efficiently, and with the greatest impact possible. In this role, the Program Associate will fulfill program site account management, volunteer engagement, and general customer service responsibilities as assigned. The Programs Associate is also responsible for supporting RIF-hosted programmatic events across the country, demonstrating best practice to program stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Activate new programmatic initiatives, adhering to all contracted deliverables and positively impacting designated communities with RIF programs and resources.
- Researching and recruiting local site-based partners such as schools, childcare facilities, and other youth-serving non-profits, and acting as main the point of contact at RIF.
- Support the order process and material fulfillment for RIF programs and events.
- Supporting program implementers' use of the online RIF Bookstore by ensuring they have access, order their books within project timelines, and report any issues to the RIF Bookstore lead for troubleshooting.
- Responsible for ensuring all implementers have accurate and up-to-date data on file, including any administrative forms, grant documents, activity reports, etc.
- Ensure all program requirements are met by the local site and that the account remains in good standing. A variety of tactics may be utilized including mailings, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Supports communications for corporate volunteer initiatives, ensuring volunteers have the timely information needed to stay informed and be successful throughout their program.
- Informs the team of potential gaps in communications and processes in order to improve program implementation.
- Travels, as needed, to support RIF events in communities across the country, serving as a RIF representative to local program partners and funders.
- Builds relationships with RIF program implementers, volunteers, and other community contacts nationwide.
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree and 1-3 years' experience with background in capacity building, project management, account management, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and Asana or other project management tools.
- Must be detail oriented and a quick learner. Strong organizational skills required.
- Must be able to function autonomously and as part of a team within a fast-paced and fluid environment while handling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, including the ability to produce quality written materials.
Work Environment And Benefits
- RIF supports our employees' work-life balance. You'll enjoy a hybrid work schedule with at least three days in our Washington, D.C. office and telework available on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Regular travel to program sites up to 40%
- RIF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental & vision plans, generous annual leave, including company paid family leave, professional development opportunities, a 403(b) plan with company contribution, and company-paid life and disability.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not 100% match with the position description; we will consider people from a variety of backgrounds and career experiences.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration at this link.
Reading Is Fundamental is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion with all hiring and employment practices. Our goal is to create an inclusive environment in which all candidates and employees are treated with respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.